Welcome to the nashnz.org.nz site (“Site”).
In general, you may browse the Site without providing any personal information to NASH. . On our Site, we may provide you with opportunities to sign up to receive information or services from us. The amount of information that you voluntarily provide to NASH will depend on the range and number of services that you choose to use. Particular sections of this Site may require you to send NASH personal information, including your name and email address.
2. Collection of Information
NASH recognises that any personal information is very important to you, and that you should have a right to control the use and dissemination of that information.
2.1 Statistical Information
NASH collects statistical information regarding the use of its Site. For all users of the Site, we collect and log your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address and the date and time of your visit. An IP address is a number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet. We collect IP address information to better administer our system and to gather aggregate information on users to the Site, on how the Site is being used, and on the pages users are viewing. This information may also be used to assist NASH maintain and develop the Site to provide better information and services to visitors. This information may be shared with other organisations.
NASH uses small data files called “cookies” on its Site. These cookies automatically identify your web browser to our server when you interact with the Site. Cookies also allow you to navigate between the pages efficiently, storing your preferences, and generally making the interaction between you and the Site faster and easier.
These cookies may also collect personal information about you, including your habits when accessing the Site and any personal information you provide in customising the Site. When dealing with personal information, NASH complies with the relevant information legislation in New Zealand, such as the Privacy Act 1993.
To prevent cookies from tracking you as you navigate our Site, you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. This will not prevent you from accessing the Site, however it may prevent you from utilising some of the functions on the Site.
2.3 Requested Personal Information
At various stages you may be requested to provide NASH with personal information including your contact details.
Personal information will only be requested if it is necessary to provide a service to you, or if it is necessary by law. Such a request may arise if you ask NASH to provide you with information, or provide you with a product. In this instance, you should read NASH’s Use and Disclosure policy in clause 3.
3. Use and Disclosure
NASH will not use or disclose, and will use reasonable endeavours to prevent the use or disclosure of, information provided by a user to the Site for a purpose other than the primary purpose of collection (a ‘secondary purpose’), except to the extent:
- that the secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose of collection and that you could reasonably expect NASH to use or disclose the information for the secondary purpose (for example, the provision of your information to a supplier of NASH products where you have requested such a product to be supplied, or to our technology providers for reasons of customer service, database maintenance and other similar purposes);
- that you have consented to the use of the information for the secondary purpose;
- that information provided by you, including information relating to transactions, may appear in aggregate form for the purpose of providing statistical information within NASH or to third parties. This information will not identify you;
- necessary in order to enforce any of the terms of an agreement between you and NASH;
- that NASH has reason to suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in, and uses or discloses the personal information as a necessary part of its investigation of the matter or in reporting its concerns to relevant persons or authorities;
- required or specifically authorised by law;
- provided in co-operation with any governmental authority.
4. Access and Correction
4.1 Where NASH collects information from you, we will provide you with access to your information to the extent that we can reasonably do so except to the extent that:
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
- the information relates to existing legal dispute resolution proceedings between you and NASH, and the information would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings; or
- providing access would reveal the intentions of NASH in relation to negotiations with you in such a way as to prejudice those negotiations.
4.2 NASH will take all reasonable steps in accordance with legal obligations to update, correct, personal information that you submit via the Site.
4.3. Where you notify us via e-mail addressed to email@example.com that information about you is incorrect, incomplete or out of date NASH will correct, update, erase or amend the information as appropriate.
5. Links from this Site
Please read carefully any policy documents or terms and conditions that appear on linked Internet sites before disclosing any personal information. NASH is not responsible for any practices on linked Internet sites that might breach your privacy.
NASH acknowledges that security is of paramount concern to you. NASH is committed to ensuring that your information is secure and stores your personal information in secure environments to safeguard it from misuse, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
By using the Site you agree that the Internet is inherently insecure and that accordingly NASH can only use its reasonable endeavours to secure your personal information and cannot provide any definitive assurance regarding security of personal information.
NASH will not be liable in any way in relation to any breach of security or any unintended loss or disclosure of that information.
8. Feedback, Questions or Problems