- Within this policy, “you” and “your” means you as the user of our services and/or of our Website and “NASH”, “we”, “our” and “us” refers to National Association of Steel-Framed Housing Incorporated (Incorporation number: ………) and related parties.
- If you are providing us with any personal information on behalf of another person, you confirm that you have been authorised to do so by the person whose information relates.
- By using our Website, you confirm that you are not a child or a young person under the age of 18 years. Our Website is not intended for children and young persons under the age of 18 years and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children and young persons.
(a) our Website;
(b) any registrations or applications made to us;
(c) you engaging our services or purchasing our products; and
(d) your communication with us, whether it is by way of phone, email, chat functions or comment functions on our Website, our social profiles, networking platforms, or any other online platform; and it also applies to any other personal information that we collect.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- Within this policy ‘“personal information” means the same as it does in the Privacy Act 2020. In general terms, this means information that can be used to personally identify you.
We collect personal information from you only as necessary for the purposes of performing our functions and services, which may include your:
(b) email address,
(c) other contact information (including email addresses, phone numbers, and address details),
(d) age (if the services provided are restricted by age groups as required by any relevant law or regulation),
(e) profession, occupation, organisation and job title,
(f) organisation details,
(g) computer or network,
(i) bank account details,
(j) interactions with us, and
(k) event attendance information, including dietary requirements and medical information.
- You are responsible to ensure that all information you provide us is current, complete and accurate. Unless required to, we will not verify that the information you have provided is current, complete and accurate. However, if we believe that the information you provide is not current, complete, or accurate, we reserve the right to decline access to information or services, deny access to certain parts of our Website, decline your application for membership or applications for event registrations until current, complete or accurate information is provided.
- If we need to collect your personal information from a third party, we will discuss this with you prior to collection.
WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- We collect your personal information in order to:
(a) perform our functions and activities,
(b) understand your or your customer’s needs,
(c) process membership applications, upgrades, and membership renewals,
(d) verify your identity and contact details,
(e) conduct conferences, events, and promotions,
(f) distribute publications, newsletters and promoting our products and services,
(g) communicate with individuals and provide requested products or services,
(h) manage the safety and security of our members and other users,
(i) personalise and customise your experience,
(j) to provide you with access to secure areas of our Website,
(l) to send you information regarding our conferences, events, opportunities, promotions, benefits of membership, updates, information surveys and newsletters and the like pertaining to our industry,
(m) to provide to third parties such as sponsors, strategic partners, exhibitors and guest speakers but only if you have authorised us to do so,
(n) any other transaction of activity as a result of the performance of our role as an organisation providing, services, products and benefits to our members and to others,
(o) share with our staff members and/or agents to administer your account and preferences, and to enable our agents to assist us in arranging promotions and programs, and
(p) detect, prevent, mitigate, and investigate fraud or any prohibited activity which in turn protects you and other users.
WHAT HAPPENS IF WE DO NOT COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- Providing some information is optional. If you choose not to enter personal information we may not be able to:
(a) provide certain information or services you have requested,
(b) approve your application for membership with us,
(c) approve any event registrations, including applications to attend conferences and promotional events, and/or
(d) tailor our content, Website, and communications for your preferences.
HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- We do this in a variety of ways, including through:
(a) you providing it directly to us (including by way of an application for membership or registration for a conference, promotion, or event),
(b) conversations or email interactions, between you and our staff,
(c) your access and use of our Website, apps, and other sources.
(a) allow you to enter certain site member services without having to log in each time you visit,
(b) to track your session when using our Website,
(c) to research our users’ habits so that we can improve our services,
(d) to learn about our users and user preferences so that we can present customers with web content and advertising that is relevant to them,
(e) to produce data on web traffic and member web activity through our Website, and/or
(f) to remember the comments and commenter’s details.
- The Website may use from time to time the services of WordPress sessions and other service providers such as Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and Google ID as well as WP settings. These are used for the above purposes as well as to inform, optimise, and serve ads on the internet based on a user’s past visits to the Website. Personal information may be stored as hashed or encrypted data. You can visit the WordPress website and the websites of any other service providers to find more information on their privacy practices and how to opt out in relation to specific cookies.
- You have the ability to disable cookies (for all sites) from within your browser settings and you can control the extent to which your device allows cookies. You can do this by changing the settings on the browser software that your device uses to access the internet.
WILL YOU RECEIVE COMMUNICATIONS FROM US?
- From time to time, we will communicate with you regarding our services, product, latest promotions, your membership, including election and meeting information, practice updates and advice, new policy or regulation, conferences, events, opportunities, benefits of membership, promotions, sponsor deals, surveys, newsletters and the like. This will include communicating with you electronically, by email, phone or by text/SMS.
- By registering with us for membership or for any event, conference or promotion, or by providing us with your details for our database, you consent to receive communications from us. You may opt out of receiving communications at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in each communication, or by sending an email to us.
WHO DO WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION TO?
- We may disclose your personal information:
(a) to our board members, employees, contractors, sub-contractors and agents,
(b) to our service providers who operate our Website,
(c) to provide products and services to you and fulfil any requests by you,
(d) to communicate with you electronically, by email, phone or by text/SMS,
(e) to other delegates and third parties as part of the delegate list if you have registered for a conference, for promotions, and for other events, relating to us,
(f) to third parties where we utilise third parties to undertake services, but only to the extent required to fulfil those services, and
(g) with your consent.
- We may share your personal information with third parties if you have authorised us to. This will be for the purposes related to the provision of our services, competitions that we may run, promotions, information and marketing. Third parties may include sponsors, strategic partners, exhibitors, suppliers, and guest speakers where applicable. We do not share your information if you do not provide your consent.
- We use third party providers to store our data, including personal information and we take reasonable steps to ensure that our third party data processors can meet our privacy and security requirements. All the information we hold about you will be processed and stored in accordance with data protection laws which include but are not limited to the Privacy Act 2020.
- Depending on the third party, some levels of personal information may be disclosed to third parties in countries outside New Zealand and steps are taken to reasonably ensure it has similar levels of data protection. If the third party is not in a country with similar levels of data protection, this will be made known to you and we will only share the required personal information necessary for the purposes of the performance of our services upon receipt of your authorisation.
- Beyond the above, we release personal information only when it is permitted under the Privacy Act 2020 or if required by law, or to comply with any regulatory obligation requiring disclosure. It may also be used to assist any law enforcement or governmental agency in the performance of their proper functions, if we reasonably consider disclosure or use of the information to be necessary for that purpose, ensuring that we meet the requirements in the Privacy Act 2020 for your protection.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION PROTECTED?
- We take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorised disclosure or access. If you suspect your personal information may no longer be secure or has been compromised, please let us know immediately.
- Any credit card details used to make a payment to us are securely transmitted to our bank where the transaction will either be accepted or declined. We only store a payment authorisation reference number associated with your transaction(s) for the purposes of keeping track of payments to us but we do not store your credit card details. The reference cannot be used for any other purpose other than noting the fact that you conducted a credit card transaction with us.
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS OR CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- You can update your details by getting in touch with us. We request that you keep your information as current as possible so we can continue to improve our services.
- You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you would like a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at our contact details below.
- When you use our Website, purchase our products or utilise our services, you represent that the personal information of any third parties you provide to us are compliant with the Privacy Act 2020 and that you have obtained the relevant consent from the said third parties.
- Only NASH staff members who have a legitimate business purpose for accessing and handling information obtained by us are given authorisation to do so. Any unauthorised access or use of such information by NASH staff members are prohibited.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
- We are not responsible for the privacy practices and content of any other website that is linked to our Website. You are responsible for investigating the privacy policies on all other websites.
- Our data privacy officer is responsible for overseeing your personal data requests. If you have any questions or intend to exercise your legal rights, we would appreciate the first opportunity to deal with your concerns so please contact the data privacy officer as set out below:
Data Privacy Officer: Cherie Milne
Telephone: 09-262 1625
Address: PO Box 76 134 Manukau City 2241
- If you are not satisfied with our response, or believe we are processing your information unfairly, unlawfully or without transparency, then you can complain to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner. You can find more information about the Privacy Commissioner and their complaints procedure at http://privacy.org.nz